The Department of Civil Engineering under VMKV Engineering College was formed as an individual Branch/Department during the academic year 2004-05, under the Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation (Deemed to be University), Salem.
To achieve excellence in the field of Technical Education, eventually contributing to our National Development.
The following mission statements aim at translating our vision into reality
- To impart engineering knowledge through innovative, creative and entrepreneurial approaches.
- To develop skill sets among the students so as to make them globally competitive.
- To inculcate value system among the students there by making them, follow ethical values in life and later in their profession.
- To cater to the needs of economy, society and the country as a whole.
- Civil Engineering is a wide field and includes many types of structure such as residential buildings, public buildings, industrial building, roads, bridges, tunnels, railway, dams, and canal ,airport, harbours, and ports, water treatment plant, water supply network and drainage network
- The main role of civil Engineering or the task of civil Engineering is Planning, Designing, Estimating, Supervising Construction, Managing construction, execution and maintenance of structure.
- An ability to recognize the importance of civil Engineering professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in computing.
Dr. T. Subramani
Professor & Head
Prof. C. Kathirvel
Course Coordinator / Civil
- Under Graduate Programmes (Full Time & Part Time)
- B.Tech. - Civil Engineering
UG (Full Time & Part Time) - Curriculum & Syllabus
B.E (Civil) FT: 2017 2015 2012
B.E (Civil) PT: 2017 (II Sem) 2016 2012
B.E (Full Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
B.E (Part Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies